Ebook via Oecd
Read Online or Download OECD Economic Surveys 2005: Japan PDF
Best international business books
This e-book makes an analytical examine of implications of the hot set of non-tariff boundaries which are approaching at the exports of the constructing international locations within the hide of caliber rules and environmental criteria. It argues that during the current period of globalization, with technological revolution within the West elevating the call for for skill-intensive, excessive value-addition and fine quality items, export-led progress is probably not a poverty-reducing approach within the brief run.
Sarah Owen-Vandersluis significantly examines methods to cultural coverage in the international economic system. This examine faucets into the becoming debate on moral concept and foreign Political financial system. It demanding situations the normative positions of nationalists and welfare economists, sooner than constructing another communitarian ethics for cultural coverage in an international economic climate.
This ebook describes the alternate negotiations referred to as the Uruguay around which came about within the context of the GATT and which resulted in the institution of the realm exchange association on the finish of 1994. The ebook includes a short precis of the background of the negotiations and GATT principles in each one case, yet focuses extra at the result of the negotiations themselves.
- Unemployment in Asia (Routledgecurzon Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia)
- Limits to Globalization: North-South Divergence
- Euro As Politics
- Wal-Mart World: The World's Biggest Corporation in the Global Economy
- International Human Resource Management
- It Application Service Offshoring: An Insider's Guide (Response Books)
Extra info for OECD Economic Surveys 2005: Japan
76. expansion may be faltering. This section identifies the factors that have driven the upturn and considers whether it is likely to be sustainable. Such an assessment is essential to evaluate whether deflation will continue and if fiscal consolidation can be more ambitious without bringing a premature end to the expansion. Factors responsible for the strong expansion Double-digit export growth since mid-2003 has played a major role in this recovery. China (including Hong Kong, China) has been the key market, accounting for a third of the rise in Japanese exports during the course of the expansion, supported by strong demand OECD ECONOMIC SURVEYS: JAPAN – ISBN 92-64-00822-5 – © OECD 2005 49 2.
2. The different measures of inflation Understanding the path of inflation is complicated by the diverging trends reported by the various measures of the overall price level. Indeed, the rate of inflation is significantly negative, close to zero or positive depending on the index chosen. The most important indicator for the Bank of Japan is the core consumer price index, which excludes fresh food but includes energy. * The high rate of deflation reported by the GDP deflator reflects significant falls in the price of investment goods, which declined 2 per cent in 2003.
This section outlines the major challenges that will be analysed in the following chapters. 1. Ending deflation and sustaining the economic expansion Overcoming deflation remains the top priority for the monetary authorities. The persistence of price declines in the face of a 4¼ per cent pace of growth during the first half of 2004 indicates the degree to which deflation has become entrenched after six years. Indeed, about 60 per cent of the items in the consumer price index are reporting falling prices.