By Govind Agrawal, Paul F. Liao
The sphere of nonlinear fiber optics has grown considerably because the First version of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, released in 1989. just like the First version, this moment variation is a complete, educational, and updated account of nonlinear optical phenomena in fiber optics. It synthesizes commonly scattered examine fabric and provides it in an available demeanour for college kids and researchers already engaged in or wishing to go into the sphere of nonlinear fiber optics. specific awareness is paid to the significance of nonlinear results within the layout of optical fiber verbal exchange platforms. it is a thoroughly new ebook containing both new sections or significant revisions in each bankruptcy.
Major adjustments in Soliton-based conversation Systems
New part on Photonic Switching
New part at the Nonlinear Fiber-loop Mirror
part on Second-harmonic Generation could be accelerated to incorporate new examine material
new chapters were further on Fiber Amplifiers and Fiber Lasers, significant learn components that have grown considerably over the past 4-5 years
All references were thoroughly up to date
Read or Download Nonlinear Fiber Optics. Formerly Quantum Electronics PDF
Similar electronics books
The basics and implementation of electronic electronics are necessary to figuring out the layout and dealing of consumer/industrial electronics, communications, embedded structures, pcs, safeguard and armed forces apparatus. units utilized in purposes equivalent to those are regularly lowering in measurement and utilizing extra complicated expertise.
- [Magazine] New Electronics (October 2007)
- Fiber Optical Parametric Amplifiers, Oscillators and Related Devices
- Structural Sensing, Health Monitoring, and Performance Evaluation (Series in Sensors)
- Bioastronautics and Electronics and Invited Addresses. Proceedings of the Fifth Symposium on Ballistic Missile and Space Technology, Held in los Angeles, California, in August, 1960
- 303 Circuits
Additional info for Nonlinear Fiber Optics. Formerly Quantum Electronics
2. If the peak power of the incident pulse is above a threshold level, both SRS and SBS can transfer energy from the pump pulse to a Stokes pulse which propagates with the pump pulse in the same or the opposite direction. The two pulses interact with each other through the Raman or Brillouin gain and XPM. A similar situation occurs when two or more pulses at different wavelengths (separated by more than individual spectral widths) are incident on the fiber. Simultaneous propagation of multiple pulses is governed by a set of equations similar to Eq.
Ishiguro, I. Yoshida, T. Kakii, S. Itoh, Y. Asano, and S. Tanaka, J. Lightwave Technol. LT-4, 1144 (1986). L. G. Cohen, J. Lightwave Technol. LT-3, 958 (1985). I. H. Malitson, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 55, 1205 (1965). G. P. Agrawal and M. J. Potasek, Phys. Rev. A 33, 1765 (1986). B. J. Ainslie and C. R. Day, J. Lightwave Technol. LT-4, 967 (1986). L. G. Cohen, W. L. Mammel, and S. J. Jang, Electron. Lett. 18, 1023 (1982). V. Ramaswamy, I. P. Kaminow, P. Kaiser, and W. G. French, Appi. Phys. Lett. 33, 814 (1978).
Maxwell's equations can be used to obtain the wave equation that describes light propagation in optical fibers. By taking the curl of Eq. 1) and using Eqs. 6), one can eliminate B and D in favor of E and P and obtain VxVxE "7^-"»i£· (2IJ) where we used the relation μοεο = 1/c2, and c is the velocity of light in vacuum. To complete the description, a relation between the induced polarization P and the electric field E is needed. In general, the evaluation of P requires a quantum-mechanical approach.