By Obiyathulla Ismath Bacha, Visit Amazon's Abbas Mirakhor Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Abbas Mirakhor,
A accomplished exam of Islamic capital markets Taking a comparative method of the topic, this article seems on the similarities and changes among Islamic capital markets and traditional capital markets. The e-book explains each one specific subject from either the traditional and the Islamic viewpoint, delivering an entire knowing of Islamic capital markets, methods, and tools. as well as a complete clarification of Islamic items, this process additionally guarantees a holistic knowing of the twin markets during which Islamic capital markets function. perfect for b. �Read more...
Read Online or Download Islamic capital markets : a comparative approach PDF
Best international business books
This ebook makes an analytical learn of implications of the hot set of non-tariff limitations which are drawing close at the exports of the constructing nations within the cover of caliber laws and environmental criteria. It argues that during the current period of globalization, with technological revolution within the West elevating the call for for skill-intensive, excessive value-addition and top quality items, export-led progress will not be a poverty-reducing procedure within the brief run.
Sarah Owen-Vandersluis significantly examines methods to cultural coverage in the worldwide economic climate. This research faucets into the growing to be debate on moral thought and foreign Political economic system. It demanding situations the normative positions of nationalists and welfare economists, sooner than constructing an alternate communitarian ethics for cultural coverage in a world financial system.
This ebook describes the exchange negotiations often called the Uruguay around which happened within the context of the GATT and which resulted in the institution of the area alternate association on the finish of 1994. The e-book features a short precis of the background of the negotiations and GATT ideas in each one case, yet focuses extra at the result of the negotiations themselves.
- International Crisis Management: The Approach of European States (Governance and Change in the Global Era)
- Economic integration and trade liberalization in Southern Africa: is there a role for South Africa?
- Trade and protectionism
- Tiger Head, Snake Tails: China Today, How It Got There, and Where It Is Heading
- Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in Europe (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy, 42)
Extra resources for Islamic capital markets : a comparative approach
5. Humans can claim property rights over what is produced through their own labor or transfers through gift giving, exchange, contracts, inheritance, or redemption of rights in the produced property. 6. Since created resources belong to all humans, the inability of a person (physical, mental, or circumstances) to access these resources does not negate the individual’s right to these resources. 7. These rights have to be redeemed—this establishes the rule of sharing with the less able. 8. Sharing is implemented through redistributive mechanisms, such as zakah, which are redemptions of rights and not charity.
Use the arguments of the chapter to explain why interest-based debt contracts are prohibited by the Qur’an. 12. Explain the Islamic rules governing the operations of an economy and its financial sector. Elaborate on these rules that operate in the capital market. 13. Explain some of the most important characteristics of Islamic finance as it is operating today as well as the important challenges it faces. 14. What is the most important value-proposition of the Islamic capital market? 15. Imagine there are two close friends, one working in information technology (IT) and the other in the manufacturing industries.
This was initiated in almost all industrial countries in the 1980s and continued with an accelerated pace until the 2007/2008 crisis. Allowing the markets to move toward completion had already been demonstrated by the theory of spanning showing that one basic financial instrument can be spanned potentially into an infinite number of instruments (see Askari Iqbal, Krichene, and Mirakhor, 2012). These developments, coupled with the high magnitude of leverage available from the money-credit creation process characteristic of a fractional reserve banking system, represented an explosive mix that reduced the vision of CHAPTER 1: Founding Thoughts—Adam Smith, Capitalism, and Islamic Finance / 13 Adam Smith to the rubble of post–crisis 2007/2008.