By Marat Terterov, Anthony Shoult
Read Online or Download Doing Business with the United Arab Emirates PDF
Best international business books
This e-book makes an analytical examine of implications of the recent set of non-tariff boundaries which are impending at the exports of the constructing nations within the cover of caliber rules and environmental criteria. It argues that during the current period of globalization, with technological revolution within the West elevating the call for for skill-intensive, excessive value-addition and fine quality items, export-led development will not be a poverty-reducing procedure within the brief run.
Sarah Owen-Vandersluis severely examines ways to cultural coverage in the worldwide economic climate. This research faucets into the becoming debate on moral conception and overseas Political financial system. It demanding situations the normative positions of nationalists and welfare economists, prior to constructing another communitarian ethics for cultural coverage in a world economic climate.
This publication describes the exchange negotiations often called the Uruguay around which came about within the context of the GATT and which ended in the institution of the realm exchange association on the finish of 1994. The booklet includes a short precis of the historical past of the negotiations and GATT ideas in each one case, yet focuses extra at the result of the negotiations themselves.
- Big Business: The European Experience in the Twentieth Century
- Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach, 4th Edition
- Global Marketing, 4th Edition
- Japanese Industrialization and the Asian Economy
- International Differences in the Business Practices and Productivity of Firms
Extra info for Doing Business with the United Arab Emirates
1-905050-05-4_P01_9_05/19/2006 Historical, Geographic and Political Overview 9 ● the International Monetary Fund (IMF); ● the International Labour Organization; ● the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); ● the Organization of the Islamic Conference; ● the International Organization for Industrial Development; ● the World Health Organization (WHO). Being an important oil-producing country, it is also a member of OPEC and the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC).
6. Development of the value of Dubai’s imports value by main countries 2002–03 (AED million) Country 2002 Rank China 10,593 1 Japan 6,766 India Country 2003 Rank China 13,312 1 2 India 9,638 2 6,566 3 Japan 8,253 3 USA 6,556 4 Germany 7,088 4 Germany 5,845 5 USA 6,832 5 UK 5,622 6 France 6,568 6 South Korea 5,033 7 UK 5,989 7 Switzerland 4,536 8 South Korea 4,384 8 France 3,884 9 Switzerland 4,302 9 Italy 3,770 10 Italy 4,220 10 Others 31,086 – Others 38,159 – Total 90,257 – Total 108,735 – Nature of re-exported commodities and their geographical distribution Over its long commercial history, Dubai has been well known as an active centre for re-export trade to neighbouring Gulf countries, and 1-905050-05-4_P01_32_05/19/2006 32 Country Background even to the Indian subcontinent and the eastern coast of Africa.
6 per cent of its total foreign trade in 2003. The total value of re-export trade of Dubai amounted to AED37,750 million in 2003. 7 shows the development of Dubai’s re-exports as per the harmonized system for commodity classification and coding during 2002 and 2003. 7. 3 21 Works of arts, collectors’ pieces, antiques. 4 Source: Dubai Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation Destinations of Dubai re-exports totaled 198 countries – the most important of them are Iran, India, Switzerland, Iraq, Pakistan, UK, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Libya and Kuwait.