By Pierre Tchounikine
- Truly interdisciplinary method of mix the viewpoints of machine scientists and academic actors
- Provides sensible and context-related tricks on find out how to take care of the peculiarities of academic software program layout and development
- Complemented by means of a number of examples illustrating concerns and propositions
- Based at the author’s greater than two decades’ adventure in initiatives on technology-enhanced learning
Developing academic software program calls for pondering, problematizing, representing, modeling, imposing and reading pedagogical goals and matters, in addition to conceptual types and software program architectures. laptop scientists face the trouble of realizing the actual concerns and phenomena to be taken into consideration in academic software program initiatives and of warding off a naïve technocentered standpoint. nevertheless, actors with backgrounds in human or social sciences face the trouble of figuring out software program layout and implementation matters, and the way machine scientists have interaction in those tasks.
Tchounikine argues that those problems can't be solved by way of construction a type of “general thought” or “general engineering method” to be followed by way of all actors for all initiatives: academic software program tasks may perhaps correspond to very assorted realities, and will be performed inside of very assorted views and with very diverse issues of outrage. therefore the difficulty of figuring out each one others’ views and elaborating a few universal flooring is to be thought of in context, in the thought of undertaking or point of view. To this finish, he presents the reader with a framework and capability for actively taking into consideration the relationships among pedagogical settings and software program, and for operating jointly in a multidisciplinary strategy to strengthen academic software.
His e-book is for actors engaged in examine or improvement initiatives which require inventing, designing, adapting, imposing or reading academic software program. The middle viewers is Master’s and PhD scholars, researchers and engineers from machine technological know-how or human and social sciences (e.g., schooling, psychology, pedagogy, philosophy, communications or sociology) drawn to the problems raised by way of academic software program layout and research and within the number of views that could be followed. moreover, it's also of curiosity for lecturers engaged in, for instance, ICT-based innovations.
Read or Download Computer Science and Educational Software Design: A Resource for Multidisciplinary Work in Technology Enhanced Learning PDF
Best user experience & usability books
Can psychoanalysis supply a brand new desktop version? Can machine designers aid psychoanalysts to appreciate their conception greater? In modern guides human psyche is usually concerning neural networks. Why? The wiring in desktops can be on the topic of program software program. yet does this quite make experience?
Human errors performs an important position in lots of injuries related to safety-critical platforms, and it truly is now a customary requirement in either the united states and Europe for Human elements (HF) to be taken into consideration in approach layout and defense evaluation. This publication might be an important advisor for an individual who makes use of HF of their daily paintings, delivering them with constant and ready-to-use systems and strategies that may be utilized to real-life difficulties.
This edited quantity with chosen accelerated papers from CELDA (Cognition and Exploratory studying within the electronic Age) 2011 (http://www. celda-‐conf. org/) will specialize in Ubiquitous and cellular casual and Formal studying within the electronic Age, with sub-topics: cellular and Ubiquitous casual and Formal studying Environments (Part I), Social internet applied sciences for brand new wisdom illustration, retrieval, production and sharing in casual and Formal academic Settings (Part II), digital Worlds and Game-‐based casual and Formal studying (Part III), Location-‐based and Context-‐ conscious Environments for Formal and casual studying Integration (Part IV) there'll be nearly twenty chapters chosen for this edited quantity from between peer-‐reviewed papers awarded on the CELDA (Cognition and Exploratory studying within the electronic Age) 2011 convention in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in November, 2011.
This publication examines the probabilities of incorporating components of user-centred layout (UCD) resembling consumer event (UX) and value with agile software program improvement. It explores the problems and difficulties inherent in integrating those practices regardless of their relative similarities, comparable to their emphasis on stakeholder collaboration.
- Motivated Reinforcement Learning: Curious Characters for Multiuser Games
- User Experience Design: Mit erlebniszentrierter Softwareentwicklung zu Produkten, die begeistern
- Verbmobil: Foundations of Speech-to-Speech Translation
- Artifical Intelligence for Human Computing: ICMI 2006 and IJCAI 2007 International Workshops, Banff, Canada, November 3, 2006 Hyderabad, India,
- Reputation in Artificial Societies: Social Beliefs for Social Order
- The Role of Technology in CSCL: Studies in Technology Enhanced Collaborative Learning (Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning Series)
Extra resources for Computer Science and Educational Software Design: A Resource for Multidisciplinary Work in Technology Enhanced Learning
6. Different examples used to raise issues and illustrate propositions. Although this book addresses the field in a transversal way and does not describe a particular methodology, its content (the description of issues, concepts, approaches, examples, methodological considerations) has heuristic value for conducting projects. 3 Rationale for the Organization This book presents two dimensions: analyzing issues and proposing means. These dimensions are intertwined (as opposed to an analysis and then proposals), the general structure being: • • • • 15 Chapter 1.
In a less positive wording, it helps in avoiding wasting time due to the erroneous idea that some constructions are innovative and avoiding replicating mistakes already made with the previous wave of technology, which is indeed a recurrent pattern of TEL history. 3. It provides a basis for the definition, the evaluation, the criticism and the dissemination of scientific results. , a set of concepts proposed as a substratum for some given work); software component; etc. (see Chap. 7). As an example, one of Bio-sim’s specific designed features is to support learners in making connections between the simulation, the data and learners’ hypotheses.
Learners do not learn because a task is suggested to them, but because they do something in relation to this task. As a consequence, if one considers designing software meant to support learners when (for instance) solving a problem, rather than software whose role is limited to introducing the textual description of the problem on the screen, software must be designed with respect to what learners do in relation to the problem (the activity) and not only to the problem as such, or as thought of by teachers.